INTERDISCIPLINARY PROGRAMMING AT THE RUBIN CENTER AUDITORIUM GUIDELINES AND RESERVATION
The auditorium of the Stanlee and Gerald Rubin Center for the Visual Arts is a 124-seat facility with full audio and video capabilities. The space is available for use at no cost by campus departments and organizations that are planning events that are free, and that respond to one or more of our core programming goals:
* To deepen public appreciation of contemporary art and to inspire active dialogue about its social, political and cultural implications.
* To contribute to the professional development, intellectual enhancement, and networking of students and emerging practitioners in the arts.
* To broaden our understanding of the exhibitions on display through interdisciplinary conversations that relate to themes or concepts explored by exhibiting artists.
* To provide a space for other kinds of thought-provoking, innovative and cross-disciplinary conversations, both within the arts and between partners from colleges across the UTEP campus.
* To expose new and relevant audiences to the Rubin Center, expanding our circle of visitors and supporters.
Reservations and Related Information
Reservations to be considered for the fall semester must be made before Thursday, September 1, 2016. We will be firm about the charge for rental fees and availability will be limited thereafter.
Requests that occur after the above dates will incur a $50 rental fee per hour. Late reservations will be granted based on the availability of auditorium and Rubin Center staff.
Please indicate if you would like your event to be considered for inclusion in Rubin Center publicity, including monthly press-releases, email blasts, website and Facebook. You are responsible for providing 1) event description; 2) event image; 3) relevant logos or sponsorship information; 4) contact information for further questions. We do not guarantee inclusion in Rubin Center publicity, and will publicize only those events that best reflect our mission and the interests of our audience. We will not publicize late requests.
Food/drink is allowed under certain circumstances, it needs to be approved by Rubin Center staff beforehand. Cost will not be covered by the Rubin Center.
The auditorium has the following audiovisual equipment available to users at no charge:
Projector - Sony VCR - Laptop connectivity - 2011 model- iMac - Panasonic DVD player - Lapel Microphone (P/A system)